The college library is the centre of academic and non-academic information resources for students and staff of the college. Its collection is a blend of more than 44500 books on varied subjects. It has special collection of books on carrier guidance, competitive exams, and general knowledge and also books on Goa. Besides books, the college library maintains several other resources namely, CDs, journals, magazines, newspapers, e-books, and e-journals. It has a separate collection of books for the self-financing courses of the college that is M. Com, I. M. Com., BBA, Event Management, and Masters of Tourism and Travel Management.
Library has automated its functioning using Library ILMS software ‘NewGenLib EE v3.2’ version. All library books are barcoded. Library has computerized ‘check-in and check-out’ system for the library visitors to capture data on daily visitors of the library. The library is under CCTV surveillance to ensure security for the library resources. The browsing Station in the reading room with internet connectivity provides browsing and downloading facilities.
On the college website, library webpage is available at http://220.127.116.11:8081/newgenlibctxt/Home?Id=1&theme=3. It provides one-stop access to library resources like book catalogue, question papers, new arrivals, faculty Ph.D. theses, subject gateways, open access journals and newspapers. QR code is created to access question papers. 'My Library' dropdown menu provides details of the patron's library account which is password protected.
The college library has open access system and has implemented MIS that includes book circulation, OPAC, reports, email alerts and record maintenance.
Subscribed E - Resources:
- N-LIST : INFLIBNETservice for accessing online books and journals.
- J-GATE: Social and Management Sciences (JSMS), an electronic gateway to global e-journal literature related to the social and management sciences domain.
- CMIE Prowess:- Prowess provides database of the financial performance of companies. Annual Reports of companies, stock exchanges, and regulators are the principal sources of the data.
- CMIE IQ Prowess:- Interactive Querying, is a powerful internet-based application for querying CMIE's database on the performances of listed and unlisted companies. ProwessIQ provides charting tools and well-formatted reports on the performances of companies.
- Knimbus : e-Library access with Remote Access and Mobile App functionality for Sheth Publisher E-Books , Open Access Journals , E- Books , Multimedia Videos, Magazine, Project Reports, etc.
Remote access to these e-resources is available.
- Library Orientation.
- Orientation on using library e-resources.
- Book exhibitions on various themes.
- Dempo Literati Club activities.
Library facilities & Services
- Open Access System.
- INFLIBNET Services.
- Browsing Station with internet connectivity.
- In-house/remote access to e-resources.
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue).
- Library app 'NGL HELIUM'.
- User Orientation and awareness program.
- Assistance in searching Databases.
- Book Bank facility.
- Newspaper clipping service.
- Inter-Library Loan Service.
- Information deployment and notification.
- Reference and Referral Service.
- Reading list/ Bibliography compilation.
- Guidance on UGC - CARE List.